Children's Healthcare Fund
Children's HealthCare Fund
Mercy Foundation has created a fund to be used to benefit families with sick children who have limited or no financial resources and have unmet health care needs. The Children's Healthcare Fund's purpose is to ease the burden of expenses such as special equipment, medications, transportation costs to out-of-the-area medical appointments, co-pays and dental fees. The Children's Healthcare Fund is made possible by generous community donations. The primary source of support is the Foundation's Festival of Trees event held annually in early December.
Mercy Foundation's Children's HealthCare Fund Review Committee will consider funding applicants who . . .
• Are a dependent child 26 years of age or younger
• Are programs devoted to serving healthcare needs of children
• Reside or are located in Douglas County
• Can show financial need or hardship
The Children's HealthCare Fund Committee
Sharon Wilson, Chairperson
Click Here to Download Application
Written applications must be filled out completely and include the amount requested, purpose for which the funds will be used, and supporting information (e.g., equipment cost estimates). Be sure to include a copy of prior year's tax return.
- “I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that all service is joy.” - Kahlil Gibran
- “Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.” - P.J. O’Rourke
- “If you were born with the ability to change someone’s perspective or emotions, never waste that gift. It is one of the most powerful gifts God can give — the ability to influence.” - Shannon L. Alde
- “Being innovative in your philanthropy allows you to stride forward in your giving journey; you can marry your mind and heart to turn charity into lasting impact; and you can become more ambitious in your giving.” - Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen
- “Never respect men merely for their riches, but rather for their philanthropy; we do not value the sun for its height, but for its use.” - Gamaliel Bailey
- “ Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector.” - David Rockefeller
- "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
- “The results of philanthropy are always beyond calculation.” - Mary Ritter Beard
Copyright 2016 Mercy Foundation All Rights Reserved
CHI Mercy Health Mercy Foundation 2700 NW Stewart Parkway Roseburg Oregon 97471 541.677.4818